HIGHLANDS, Texas – Crews working on Commissioner Jack Morman’s latest BetterStreets2Neighborhoods (BS2N) project have begun construction in the Highlands area. BS2N is a Precinct 2 program dedicated to preserving asphalt roadways by conducting base repairs, asphalt milling and overlay, roadway striping, and signage replacement. The following roadways will be under construction over the next eight weeks:
• Fig Orchard Rd. from Haney Rd. to Wade Rd.
• Wade Rd. from Fig Orchard Rd. to Wallisville Rd.
• Wallisville Rd. from Sjolander Rd. to N. Main St., and Garth Rd. to FM 2100
• Thomspon Rd. from E. Canal Rd. to Ellis School Road
• Battlebell Rd., E. Houston St., Jones Rd. from Crosby-Lynchburg Rd. to Thompson Rd.
• Corley Dr., Teresa Dr., and Irene Dr. from E. Houston St. to dead end
• Holly Dr. from E. Canal Rd. to E. Houston St.
Roadwork will require single-lane closures, so drivers are reminded to travel with caution through the construction zones or use alternate routes, if possible.
This $7.4 million project began late March in Huffman along FM 2100, Huffman Cleveland Road, and Plum Grove Road. The project is expected to be complete by the end of the year and repair nearly 33 miles of roadway in East Harris County. Be sure to like the “Harris County Precinct 2” Facebook page for updates on the project and roadwork locations.