Ceremonial documents are issued to recognize people, places, or events that have had or made a positive contribution or impact in Harris County and Precinct 2.
Examples of causes for a ceremonial document include, but are not limited to:
- Civic celebrations.
- Organizations or individuals who have made a positive contribution or impact in Harris County and Precinct 2.
- Significant events or anniversaries of institutions or people (i.e. significant birthdays starting at 50 and thereafter, house of worship anniversaries, etc.).
Examples of reasons for a ceremonial document to not be issued include but are not limited to:
- Commercial/for-profit purposes.
- Conflicts with federally recognized months, weeks, or days of observance.
- Events that have not yet been confirmed to take place
- Requests that go against any policy adopted by Harris County and Precinct 2.
Precinct 2 reserves the right to approve or deny any ceremonial document request.
If you would like to request a ceremonial document, please note the following:
- Requests can be made via the online form.
- Request can be made via email at email@example.com
- Requests can be made via mail, please download the form HERE
By mail: Ceremonial Documents Office, 14350 Wallisville Road, Houston, TX 77049
- All fields on the Request Form must be filled out to be considered for approval.
- At least ten (10) business days, not including weekends or recognized Holidays, are required prior to a ceremonial document being issued.
- A confirmation of receipt will be sent within 24 hours after submission during normal work hours.
- Within three (3) business days, an approval email will be sent to the requestor.
(* Note that if a request cannot be accommodated, a brief explanation will accompany the email.)
- When the ceremonial document is completed, an email and/or phone call will be made informing the requestor that the ceremonial document is available for pick-up.
- Precinct 2 cannot guarantee that a request made to present the ceremonial document in person by a member of our Staff will be accommodated or that Commissioner Garcia will be the presenter. If the request for an in-person presentation of the document can be accommodated, an email notification will be sent to the requestor as well.