Applications for the 2023 Harris County Precinct 2 Partnership Project are now open!
For the fourth year, Commissioner Garcia and team are seeking potential Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) and maintenance projects to be funded in partnership with other area agencies to serve the citizens of Harris County. This program applies only to the allocation of Harris County resources: funding for study, final design, right-of-way acquisition and construction of capital and maintenance projects.
Since 2020, Harris County Precinct 2 has partnered on more than 35 CIP and drainage projects. The precinct committed to more than $73 million dollars for sidewalk, road, drainage, hike and bike trail improvement projects.
- Eligible applicants include Local Governments, MUDs, School Districts, Public Transit Providers, Economic Development Corporations, TIRZ, Management Districts and Public Ports. Other project sponsors must have a letter of support from the owner of the asset or government entity.
- Proposed Project
must be partially or entirely located within Harris County Precinct 2.
- Only eligible costs identified in the project application will be considered. Estimated costs for planning, design, environmental determination and mitigation, right-of-way acquisition, and construction must be identified in the application.
- All project submissions must include a letter of funding commitment or letter of support from the organization’s leadership. Projects within multiple jurisdictions must provide letters of support from each jurisdiction.
- Partners must have the
decision-making body (i.e. City Council/Board) approve a resolution to commit
funding and work with Precinct 2 on this partnership project(s). Precinct 2 will not consider the project for
partnership until a resolution has been passed by the partner’s decision-making
body (a sample template is included in the Partnership Project Guidelines link
- An optional Partnership Project Workshop will be held on January 18, 2023
via Teams. Please contact Jorge
Bustamante to RSVP (713-456-9452/Jorge.Busamante@pct2.hctx.net).
Year 2022 Project Selection Schedule
Jan 9th, 2023 Applications Open
Feb 10, 2023 Agency Project Proposals Submittal Deadline
March 10, 2023 Precinct 2 -Evaluation Completion
March 31, 2023 Precinct Recommendations
Project Submittal Process:
1. Download the Partnership Project Guidelines
2. Fill out CIP Project Form and/or Maintenance Project Form
3. Fill out the Online Application and Upload Supporting Project Documents
Points of Contact:
Questions regarding Partnership Project Procedures or General Questions should be directed to-
Sr. Director of Engineering