Free Online Workouts You Can Do From Home
With the gyms closing and the “Stay Home, Work Safe” order in effect, it can be difficult for you and your family to stay physically active during this time; however, there are many gym studios, trainers, and instructors who are offering FREE VIRTUAL WORKOUT CLASSES to change that! That’s right - FREE!
We researched free resources that you and your family (including your kids) could stream from your electronic devices and practice anywhere in your home. Check these out!
(If you choose to workout outside of your home, please be sure to continue to follow social-distance guidelines and to not touch any surfaces such as benches, playgrounds, public workout equipment, etc.)
Download these APPS:
- FightCamp: This boxing brand has made all of its content free. Just download the app, and create an account. The free version offers a limited experience, but users still have plenty of options for trainer-guided workouts, including boxing, speed, and core.
- Nike Training Club: Designed for full workouts at home or at the gym, with or without equipment, this app offers countless free workouts led by trainers.
- FitOn: This app is free to download and the workouts, which vary from cardio to weight training to Pilates, are free to access and use at any time. Just sign up, answer questions based on your fitness levels and goals, and you’re set.
- Down Dog: Are you a yoga lover? The Down Dog is the app for you! Doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner, intermediate, or advanced, Down Dog has all kinds of free workouts; and it’s free to download until April 1.
- Peloton: No Peloton Bike? No problem! You don’t need a bike to take advantage of this brand’s workouts! The app is free for the first 90 days and it features live studio broadcast HIIT workouts with trainers that guide you through exercise.
GYMS, STUDIOS, & ONLINE STREAMING
- Empower Fitness Lab: This Houston-based studio offers CYCL, HIIT, and YOGA formats all under one roof. Empower combines unequaled workout variety and high energy trainers to create a dynamic workout experience in a small group format, but you can now stream their workouts on Facebook for free. Find their live streaming workouts here.
- Zumba Fit Mix: Is dancing your thing? Then Zumba is for you! Zumba instructors have been dancing their way and showing you for free on YouTube! Get your feet ready and dance today!
- Planet Fitness: Planet Fitness is encouraging people to remain active at home during the coronavirus pandemic through a series of live workouts. The classes will be streamed live on Facebook every day starting at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET. They’ll be free for everyone just by downloading the Planet Fitness app.
- Orangetheory Fitness: This studio is offering a free 30-minute workout that won’t require special equipment, except for random items around your house. The videos posted daily here.
- YMCA 360: This new online community from The Y offers a variety of free, on-demand group exercise classes, like barre, yoga, weightlifting, and programs for seniors and kids. You do not have to be a member to participate. Browse through their videos here.
- Core Power Yoga The studio has put together a collection of free classes available anytime, on-demand here. Classes vary in length.
- Yoga with Adriene: This yoga instructor helps you release your stress and anxiety with 15-Minute Meditation for Anxiety guides through a simple at-home meditation and yoga classes. Stream her online videos here.
ACTIVITIES AND FITNESS FOR KIDS:
Cosmic Kids Yoga: Yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation designed especially for kids aged 3+, used in schools and homes all over the world. Stream the yoga sessions on YouTube for free here.
Explore the world with these virtual field trips:
YouTube fitness videos for kids: