Commissioner Garcia is committed to cultivating a competitive and diverse economic environment by promoting the success of small businesses and developing the Precinct’s workforce, with special emphasis on historically underutilized businesses and disenfranchised individuals. His mission includes:
- Fostering full and open competition and promote contracting opportunities for small and disadvantaged businesses
- Ensuring positive relationships among all parties through professional, courteous and impartial behavior
- Exercising strong fiscal stewardship of county funds to maximize their purchasing value
Below are link to the video of the forum as well as the full presentation from the program.
Virtual Vendor Forum Video
Vendor Forum Slide Deck
Earlier this year Commissioner Garcia and team hosted a Virtual Vendor forum where attendees had the opportunity to learn about the Harris County Purchasing process as well as listen to county experts representing different departments and upcoming opportunities in Precinct 2.
Additionally, the Purchasing team is offering One-on-One Meet and Greet meetings to vendors who are interested in learning more about working with Harris County and opportunities available in Precinct 2.
The meetings will take place every 2nd Friday of the month via Zoom.
This is a great opportunity to share about your company and highlight the services you provide. You will also be able to ask questions and learn more about how to become a Harris County Precinct 2 vendor! If you are interested in connecting with the Harris County Precinct 2 Purchasing Team and having one-on-one meeting, please reserve your spot here- You will have the opportunity to schedule a 30-minute session with our purchasing team. Morning and afternoon sessions will be available.
Please consider the following as you prepare for your meeting.
1. What makes your business stand-out from your competitor?
2. What three things would a reference from your clients say about your business?
3. Why should Harris County do business with your company?
If you're looking for business opportunities with the County, here are a few resources that will help you:
For more information or if you need further assistance, contact:
Jose Medrano, Purchasing Director